/* ----------------------------------------------- Comment out annoying Snap... ----------------------------------------------- */

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Orange: More Sour Fruit

A platinum-class mega uber-value reader writes to inform me that the Orange Cinema offer might not be as good for shareholders as I originally thought.

Also, Orange have dropped their UK broadband prices this morning. This looks like a big price cut to me.

Finally, there is rumour going round that Orange are preparing for exclusion zones around its’ retail outlets. I don’t believe this one, but it highlights the lateral thinking going-on in the Orange Groves to reduce customer acquisition costs.

Speaking of which, another highly valued reader has pointed out that Radio 4 has a programme on tonight (and for seven days on audio-on-demand) about the fun the hedge funds are currently having shorting Carphone Warehouse. Well worth dragging myself away from the 18 Doughty Street experiment.