/* ----------------------------------------------- Comment out annoying Snap... ----------------------------------------------- */

Sunday, July 02, 2006

African Maps

A map placing into context the deals I outlined in the possible African deals for Vodafone.

vodafone-africa-deals

An even more interesting map is one dimensioned by population rather than land area. Notice that Nigeria is absolutely huge compared to the land area. Also, note the relative importance of North Africa. One country which is relatively mobile-free is the strange country of Ethiopia, which Vodacom have mentioned previously as of interest.

Africa - Population

I am awaiting the release of the GDP maps from Worldmapper which will really put the Vodafone African Operations in context. I know that South Africa will dominate the map. Many thanks to my cyberbuddy, James Enck, for drawing my attention to these maps.